Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The first fish of the season!

Dan & I love living on the Mississippi River and spending time out in our little fishing boat sacrificing worms to the fish gods. We finally had a perfect day for fishing this past Sunday and caught our first fish of the season - YAY! Dan caught the first fish - a little catfish that went back in. We'll look for him next year, though, so he'd better be careful. My first catch of the year was a nice channel catfish. When all was said and done we'd caught 10 fish but only 5 were keepers - 2 catfish and 3 freshwater drum. Nothing like fresh caught fish for dinner! Yum!

Here's my oh, so handsome husband at the helm the "yacht" -


And here he is with the first catch of the season!


Look at this big, beautiful catfish!


Our haul for the afternoon - not too bad!

3 comments:

  1. You live ON the river? And you actually considered buying a house in TOWN? Are you crazy! When you get old like me, you'll be so glad you are still in that house.

    I have a fish net just like yours and I'll be posting later this week what we used ours for this sping.

    We live a block from the St. Joseph River in St. Joseph County, Indiana. 35 years ago we looked at a house ON the river, but it would have been stretching our income and I was scared. Terry had just come off a long (2 yr) lay off and I didn't want to extend ourselves beyond MY income. So here we are, house paid for, near the river and happy as hell. But its nice to think about how much that house would have been worth today!..I could retire AND travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I should have said "near" the Mississippi since we live on a bluff that looks out over the Mississippi - we can see it from the top of the hill but not from the house itself. We just love living in Dubuque so much that we consider ourselves living on the river - it feels like it's in our backyard even though it's not really.

    We have thought about liquidating our meager assets and buying a houseboat to live on. Talk about living "on the river" in the truest sense of the word!! Maybe someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Look out fish, here they come. Don't think I would have recognized Dan it's been so long since I've seen you guys. May the fishing gods be good to you this season:)

    ReplyDelete