Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cindy's Morning Coffee

I have this other blog - Cindy's Morning Coffee - which I started as my own online journal. Just someplace to keep cool things I find online: quotes, videos, articles, etc - things that are important to me. For a while, I was posting fairly regularly but it has largely been ignored (at least by me) as of late. I also never intended to have any followers there but, amazingly, I have snagged a few. So, while I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee making a vain attempt to get my "poop in a group", so to say, I have decided that I need to merge the two. I thought I needed a separate blog to keep those "just because" sort of things but I don't think I do now. The blogs I enjoy reading the most are ones where I get to see a bit into the writer's psyche - to gain some insight into how they tick. So, from now on, interspersed with the beadwork and Etsy news, you will see a bit more of "me". Here is the short list of things I enjoy/care about (other than beads, vintage and my hubby) which you might be reading more about in the future:
1. Saving the Planet - Reduce, reuse, recycle and do your best for the environment.
2. Being kind to animals (Get your pets spayed and neutered and adopt from your local shelter, dang it!!)
3. Travel - especially the early summer trips I take with my mom!
4. Music - Listening to it and making it, including my checkered past as a singer on cruise ships (now THAT was a cool job!)
5. TED (more about what TED is later...visit the website at http://www.ted.com/)
6. Truly cool videos that include fantastic music, visuals or, better yet, BOTH!
7. Modern design and architecture
8. Dubuque, Iowa and what a great city I think it is!
9. Fishing on the Mississippi River
10. Movies, movies, movies - especially the kind where the guy gets the girl. So, anything inspired by a Jane Austen novel or Shakespeare comedy. Add to that any classic MGM musical, pretty much anything produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and anything from the masters at Pixar studios.
**Added note - I am also a documentary geek!

OK, like I said, this is just the short list. As I was writing it I thought of lots of other things to add to the list but then it would be the long list instead of the short list, right? Hmmm...  :)

To start you out, I'm posting this fantastic video from a band called "OK, Go!". Let it load and watch it here or on YouTube - it's nothing short of amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment