Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sparkles and Steampunk

Treasuries are great! (Not sure what a treasury is? Read this recent post about them by clicking here. Just make sure to come back when you're done, OK?) Anyway, treasuries are great! Here are a couple I was honored to be included in: "All That Sparkles" and "Steampunk".

"All That Sparkles" was put together by GemsBijoux and features pretty sparklies of all sorts! She included some nice rhinestone buckles from my vintage shop. Here's a shot of the treasury, the rhinestone buckles that were included and one of my favorites from her shop - Rock crystal quartz and tourmaline rondelle earrings:




Now, anyone who's been following me for a while knows that I am fairly enamored with steampunk style. I love it! I don't quite have a handle on it and it's hard to define exactly and I have made attempts at it but it's a style-journey-in-progress for me. That being said, I was super pleased to find one of my steampunk creations - "Keeping the Key" - included in a treasury collection aptly titled "Steampunk". It was put together by fellow Etsy Beadweaver Smadar of SmadarsTreasure. She is a fabulously talented bead artist - be sure to make a stop by her shop and be prepared to drool a bit (hankie, please...). Here is a shot of the treasury, "keeping the Key" and one of my favorites from Smadar's shop called Bold Black and Bronze Necklace:


Interested in seeing more steampunk creations? Check out the Steampunk Style marketplace over at 1000 Markets. Lots of inspiration and eye candy to be found there!


2 comments:

  1. I love to look at treasuries. I always find a shop that I wouldn't have otherwise even seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    I feel the same way! I never cease to be amazed at the artistry and sheer "cleverness" (is that a word?) of some of the creations I find through treasuries. :)

    ReplyDelete