Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Friday, May 28, 2010

Something new and different!

Mixed media jewelry has always been intriguing to me but I have only tried my hand at it a few times. It also requires that you have lots and lots of cool found objects, paints, trims, stamps and what-not around (or at least I think it does!) and space is at a premium in our house (we do live in 750+ sq/ft, after all). Some of you know I've been whining because of a creative slump (not to worry, I hate whiners, too!!) but the other day I finally tried pulling together a bunch of beads and fibers and such to create a new piece. Well... here it is! It didn't turn out exactly as I had thought but that's OK, right?? I'm thinking I'll keep this one to wear myself so it doesn't matter that much that it's a bit off-kilter :) I think it will be truly cool worn with an orange t-shirt and a jean jacket.

6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love the colors, and the strands are so pretty. This is an amazing first attempt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I LOVE the colors, and the strands are so pretty. This is an amazing first attempt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought of puttiing light blue with orange. It's gorgeous!
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Cindy! I'd say your mojo is back...and then some! ;-) I love your choice of colours...so vibrant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING. Love the design, love the colors, love the textures. Look forward to seeing more mixed media from you~ You've definitely got the touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think orange and jeans would go perfectly! Did I mention Orange is my favorite color ;)

    ReplyDelete