Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, May 17, 2010

An Inspiration Kit for ME!! :)

My friend Cenya of Emerald Window has surprised me with a fantastic collection of pretty beads and findings! I have been giving away inspiration kits on my blog for the past few months but lacked the inspiration this month to put one together for May (but I am giving away a beaded pendant on a kumihimo necklace  - made by moi, of course). So, Cenya, sensing my need for some inspiration, put together an inspiration kit for me! How sweet is that?? It came in the mail this past weekend and it absolutely made my day (heck! It probably made my week and month, too!). Actually, it came along at just the right time. I was starting to feel a bit distressed about my beadwork and wondering if I was just sort of treading water. Thoughts of giving up beadwork as an "art" had been creeping in as of late. This wonderful stroke of generosity has made a world of difference - I feel like creating big, lovely neckpieces again (now if I can just figure out where I left that spare time...) And everything in such a beautiful color palette - that's not surprising, though, when you see her beautiful jewelry! Her Etsy shop certainly has some drool-worthy artistry available - be sure to stop by and see it for yourself. Here are some shots of the pretty beads and other goodies she sent to me - Thank you SOOOO much, Cenya - You are a sweetheart, for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment