Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shipping and Eco-responsible supplies


I try to live sustainably and responsibly but I must admit one sin (among many, I'm sure) - I use bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is most definitely NOT environmentally friendly. Made from plastic and not recyclable, it's a baddie! But anyone who ships stuff and wants to make sure the items reach their destination safely knows that bubble wrap rocks. There are many websites dedicated to creative ways to re-use old bubble wrap and some companies to which you can ship/give your old bubble wrap. I am happy to take old bubble wrap from anyone who wants to send it my way. But when I run out of it, what can you do but use the new stuff??

Well, yesterday I found my answer in the form of CareMail products made in the USA by Henkel. This surprisingly affordable alternative is itself recyclable, it is made from post consumer fibers and material harvested from well-managed forests. No old growth wood has been used to make it and it can be re-used or easily recycled. It's also made in the U.S.A. which is important to me. Unfortunately, I still use some plastic in my packaging but I'm getting closer all the time. So, while I don't like big box stores too well, kudos must be given, in this case anyway, to Staples for carrying a friendly alternative.


No comments:

Post a Comment