Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kumihimo...finally!

I have been admiring the kumihimo ropes made by my friend Suanough for some time. Finally, I decided to go to the local Hobby Lobby and buy myself a kumihimo disc and give it a try. I was happy to find the discs were inexpensive and came in a 4-pack (kumihimo party...anyone...?). I picked up some 1/8" ribbon and some craft string in nice shades of turquoise/blues along with some floss holders. Anyway, I started on it last night and - WOW! - it is so quick and the results are really nice! I'm hoping to make kumihimo necklaces to match my bead embroidered pendants. I like that fact that they resemble peyote ropes but with a lot less time. Here are some shots of what I am working on:


1 comment:

  1. It was my great goal to make these for my projects too. I've gotten away from it and had some of the same experience with fibers. It's easier to make the pendant after the rope. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete