Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My First REAL Gallery Showing!



I have been involved in a few group shows and annual juried events but this is, in my opinion, my first REAL gallery show. Twenty pieces of my beaded jewelry will be on display at the Quad Cities Airport in Moline, IL until the end of February. Since the curator sets up the shows, I was not allowed to stay and "help" with the installation. I'm sure this is because we artistic types can get a bit persnickety about how our artwork is presented - it has to be LOTS easier to just bar us from "helping". :)
So, Dan & I took a road trip down to see it for the first time. I was really pleased with how it looked! Here are some photos of the gallery space, some of my pieces and some from an artist named Dawn Wohlford-Metallo. She is a mixed media artist working primarily in paper pulp and I really love her work!

Here is the gallery space at the airport - it's very nice! Notice my handsome husband in the second photo:


Here are some shots of the jewelry I have on display:



And here are some shots of some of Dawn's pieces. I especially love the mobile - but it's not for sale - dang it! Where would we hang it in our 750 sq/ft house anyway??!


2 comments: