Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

After Midnight

Here is a new piece I worked on over the holidays in order to include in my gallery show (which technically opens TODAY!! More about that later...). This piece is called "After Midnight" and features some dichroic glass cabs which I made in a class last year. I never really liked the cabs all that well but they seem at home with the pretty iris finish beads I paired them with. This necklace has lots of surprises! It can be worn as a necklace but the neck straps can be removed and worn together as a choker or by themselves as cuff bracelets. I was hoping to make it even more versatile but it's still an idea in development. I continue to think of ways it would have worked better and will make another soon to test my theories. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy these photos of "After Midnight".

As a necklace...



 Here's the clasp...



The two bracelets worn together as a choker...

And, finally, the cuff bracelets...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really beautiful...and so versitale. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is just amazing! You are so tallented, I love your work!

    ReplyDelete