Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's in a name?

One of the hardest things for me is thinking of names for my jewelry creations. Some pieces present the perfect moniker but, if they don't, I just have a heck of a time coming up with a good name. My latest piece is one of those that doesn't immediately present a name -
I love the look of it (as did several at the art opening I attended while wearing it!) and also love the combination of rich shades of red, green and purple accented by brassy gold. The necklace features vintage red glass beads. It is so comfy to wear and goes with so many different types of outfits. I would love to find a nice name for it - Can you help?



4 comments:

  1. Katmandu

    It reminds me of the beautiful mandalas painted in Tibetan style buddhist temples in the Asian mountains.

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like that one! Thanks, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Tibetan image too.

    Of course I immediately thought "berry bramble" because of the beautiful colors. Bramble does not seem at all appropriate. In my defense, I will say that one of my fondest memories of my grandfather was him taking us berry picking in the woods during summer vacations.

    By the way, I know how difficult it is to come up with names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Despite that Bramble may not be the best name for a necklace, I sure like finding myself in the middle of a berry bramble picking sweet raspberries in the summer!! Oooh, now I'm ready for berry season...

    ReplyDelete