Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Friday, February 10, 2012

For the Birds

Almost a year ago, I shared some sneak-peek pics of a fiber project in the works. I then finished the project and, as per usual, didn't share the final result. I know some of you have been waiting feverishly for the great reveal... ha, ha, ha... Anyway, here's what I was making:
"The Bridal Suite"
A Pretty Little Birdhouse!!

I had the idea to use my rekindled love of embroidery and fabric to design and make a soft sculpture birdhouse. I never did get any pics that were very good, which is probably why I didn't do a follow-up post about it. I probably kept thinking I would get some better photos taken soon and.... well, you know... Anyway, this first bird abode was called "Bridal Suite" and I had plans of making others with different themes - maybe a school house, or a fire house, or a boat house, etc. and despite the fact that this little guy hangs in my studio, I somehow didn't remember to revisit that idea until this past week when I made this cute little birdhouse!

He's not quite finished - I have some little touches to add to him before I offer him for sale at Cynthia St. Anne on Etsy. I will also be offering a free tutorial on my blog next month so you can learn how to make one, too! Actually, during the month of March, in conjunction with STITCHED 2012, mine will be one of several blogs offering a free tutorial each week! More about that later... I promise!! It could be a fiber project or a beading project - I'm not sure yet. But if you aren't already a "follower" of my blog I hope you will become one so you won't miss any of them AND you will be able to find out which other great blogs will be taking part in the tutorial "hop". So, please become a "follower" - you'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Love the birdhouses! And looking forward to the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they're pretty fun and can be any color or theme you like - I hope you will stop back for the tutorial in March!
    See you then!

    ReplyDelete