Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My little inspiration gathering for a custom order

I am so pleased to have a commission to work on! It starts with this fantastic cabochon...

You can't tell from the photo but this baby sparkles! I was surprised when it arrived because the photos she had sent made it appear to be flat and marble-like but it is certainly not! It positively shimmers and has wonderful texture... nay, topography... to it. It also appeared more blue in the photos but it is actually a  silvery gray with a bluish cast to it. Lovely, lovely...

Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know that when I start a project, I pull together lots of items, beads and bobs to make an "inspiration board" of sorts. While things don't get pinned up on the wall, they do go into a bag and reside there together through the design process. Sometimes items are culled from the bag and others are added. Sometimes the color scheme changes completely! But if it's in the bag at a particular moment it is being considered for the final project.

As you can probably guess, this inspiration bag has already changed since these photos were taken but I wanted to share them with you anyway. As I go along, I will post more photos and share the journey with you. Here's where we started - I hope you enjoy the photos! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous drusy, and it looks like you have an excellent supporting cast. Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are good and I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete