Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicago Trip - Part 3

Whew! Those cupcakes were sure good! Thankfully, our hotel was MANY blocks walk away so we could feel better about all those oh-so-delicious calories :)

No trip to the north end of Michigan Ave. would be complete without a stop into the Fourth Presbyterian Church. Those who know me well know that I am not religious by any means but I love me a big ol' church. Give me a city full of steeples and I'm a happy hiker! This one is a beauty (please forgive me for the stock photo!).
In the side lawn was a remembrance of children who suffer from abuse - one blue ribbon for every child. There were, sadly, WAY too many ribbons but they were a sight to look at.
Inside is so beautiful! There's simply no way to capture all the wonderful details but you can get a better look by visiting their website at http://www.fourthchurch.org/architecture.html to see all the details.


And finally, a window-shopping trip down Oak Street - it's sort of Chicago's Rodeo Drive full of high end shops like Jimmy Choo and Prada. We only ventured into one store - Hermes - to look at scarves. They were not marked with any prices and we didn't ask. If you have to ask, you can't afford it!! :)

We did stop into Urban Outfitters on Rush St. and I was pleased to see this sweet outfit...
I love it when stuff I used to wear comes back in style!! Yay! I'm definitely going to Goodwill and buy my stuff back - right down to the little 80's throw-back boots! This is my new (and old) summer uniform.

Well, thanks for taking a little trip with me around Chicago. Nothing left now but to treat you to a few pretty shots from the trek back to the hotel. We were finally treated to beautiful, clear skies! I hope you like them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment