Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunset over Lake Irving

I'm pretty happy to say that I haven't been around much lately :) That's because Dan & I were lucky enough to be invited to Northern Wisconsin to stay in a beautiful cabin on the shores of Lake Irving. What a wonderful trip!! The cabin (if you can call it that) is a sprawling abode on 4 wooded acres overlooking the lake.

It boasts an incredible screened porch which we practically lived on (if we weren't down by the lake or on it in one of the available boats - I liked the paddle boat the best, but more about that later).

One day was particularly stormy - nothing too scary. Although the clouds were fairly foreboding, the rain was gentle and the breeze was nice and cool - it was the perfect day to sit on the porch and watch the storm roll through. The sky began to clear around sunset and we ran down to the dock, cameras in hand, hoping to get some nice sunset shots. We weren't disappointed! I hope you will enjoy these shots I took that evening:

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I had a cabin to borrow! I'm in the midst of making beadwork to sell at the Faerieworlds Festival in just 9 days! I'm getting a little frantic.
    Hop your summer stays fabulous.
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    Yep, our last two houses had screened in porches and we really used them! We don't have a space like that at our present house but I keep telling my husband I want a pergola(sp?) - he just looks at me like I'm crazy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete