Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Butterfly in my Garden

Last year Dan & I got a Butterfly Bush from his mom. It was doing quite well until one day, during a wind storm, a large branch fell from our tree and squashed it flat! I sadly figured it was the last of the butterfly bush.

Much to our amazement, it sprouted out of the broken remnants this Spring and has flourished - it's over 6 feet tall and loaded with flower heads!! We have had several winged visitors - butterflies, bees and the odd hummingbird - and I finally got some photos of one today. This little pretty was such a good model and didn't seem to mind me snapping away so close.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE butterfly bushes and all the butterflies they bring! My deck is full of flowers they love and it looks like a flying garden!

    ReplyDelete