Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm still here and have a new project to show you!

Well, it has been a crazy few weeks!! We had a death in the family and then house guests so life has been a bit of a whirl-wind - a mix of the good and the bad - but life is slowly getting back to normal after all of the activity and holiday celebrations.

I have lots to blog about! The list just keeps getting longer - my Florida vacation, treasuries, new projects (yes, you read that correctly!! NEW projects! Yay!) - so let's get started, shall we?

A while back I told you about a lovely little bundle of pretties I got from my friend Cenya of EmeraldWindow (she has a fabulous shop on Etsy which you MUST stop by to see!!). Great collection of goodies, right?? I'm a lucky girl... :) She felt compelled to send me a this sweet kit for inspiration as I was feeling a bit drained creatively. She really is a sweetheart! Well, her bead-y medicine finally worked! Here is the finished product: "Heavenly Shades of Night". Despite the fact that I do have it listed on Etsy, it's reserved... for ME!! :)


It's my entry for the Etsy BeadWeavers monthly challenge. This month's theme is "Secret Garden" and was picked by Ileana of EnchantedBeads as she was the winner of the May challenge. The entry deadline has passed and all of the entries are posted! Click here or do a search on Etsy for "EBWC" to see them. If you'd like to get involved in the voting, just stop by the Etsy BeadWeavers blog anytime from July 9th through the 15th and vote for your favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! I'm SO impressed. I'm glad I sent this stuff to you because I could never have made anything so beautiful out of it. I'm happy it got your creative juices going.
    So sorry to hear about the death in your family. The circle completed on this side - 2 births in the last 12 days.
    Life is amazing.
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an artist,but beading is a mystery to me. Do you beading people have teeny, tiny fingers? I don't know which I like best; your cuffs or necklaces. Oh, and did I mention that I am addicted to color?

    Vikotas on Etsy.com

    ReplyDelete