Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, October 26, 2009

Studio Re-organization Update

Here is an update regarding my studio re-do! I'm happy to say that I am making some headway - I've got some stuff separated out to destash on Etsy (more to come!) and am getting some creative space cleared out so I can get work done.

Here is a shot of my workbench. I know it doesn't look much cleaner than it was before, but, trust me, it is! As you can see, I have added some better storage on the wall. I'm so happy with how these finds (all from thrift shops and garages sales) are working together. Also, I have my favorite knick-knacks on a lower shelf where I can actually see them and enjoy them while I work.
I can also access my Dremel and all of the lovely little accessories now that they have their own place to live. Now, the reason my work station looks so messy is because I am doing the "Big Sort". I have gathered all of my bags, tubes and various other containers of seed beads onto the workbench.
I sorted them by color families (instead of size) using a color guide...

And they are now stored in some repurposed CD storage units which I attached to the wall.
So much better than that darned plastic pocket organizer I had there before!!
My next adventure will be to dive into the two baskets of vintage beads, jewelry and other treasures I have. Sometimes too much of a good things is, well... too much of a good thing!! There are some REAL treaures in these baskets and it will be extremely difficult for me to decide what to keep and what to pass on to another, but when you have too much good stuff it can stop you in your creative tracks. The only word to describe how I feel when I look at all of this - "Overwhelmed". Where do you start?? In order to be truly creative and productive, I need to weed out about 1/2 of this stash so I can gather inspiration from the rest.
So, keep an eye on my Caraway Cache store on Etsy - you never know what you might find! :) (**and just a little reminder - I'm also having a $.99 sale right now!**)

No comments:

Post a Comment