Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Park Farm Winery

As some of you may know, my husband and I have an acoustic duo. We play at vineyards and coffee houses and sometimes do the occasional wedding. You can find out more about us on our (soon-to-be-re-designed) website: www.carawaymusic.com. My husband plays guitar and teaches guitar classes locally as well as classical guitar at Grinnell College here in Iowa. We both sing and I play tambourine, shaker, recorder and, if need be, harmonica. We had a gig last weekend at Park Farm Winery. We really love playing there! Park Farm is set in beautiful rolling hills west of Dubuque and there is a fantastic view from the large deck out behind the main building. They have live music every Sunday afternoon from May through October. We were on the schedule twice this season and hope to be asked back next year. Here are some photos from last Sunday.

Do I always sing with my eyes closed? Yep, pretty much. I find that I'm easily distracted by other goings-on and then I forget the words. I also have a strange thing that happens when I sing with my eyes open - I have a hard time staying on pitch. What's THAT about!?? (Note the pretty white plastic recorder I play on a few songs. I have a really pretty wooden one but, believe it or not, the plastic one sounds BETTER!!)

Dale and Lovell - Dan's parents (aka. our most faithful fans and my favorite in-laws!!)

Dale and my dad, Jerry, deep in conversation about who knows what - it probably all depends on how many bottles of that yummy cherry wine they've had. My mom has a sneaky way of never being in the pictures - she's always the one with a camera! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment