Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Still no internet but the Borscht was delicious!!

Well, I am going on a week and a half with no internet connection from my home - another week to go before our new connection is up. I hate to admit that I am getting used to going to the library to do my work - the only frustration is that I cannot access Etsy treasuries. Some strange firewall thing, I suppose...

I am still working on the piece which features the dichroic glass cabs but decided to take a break and make an entry for the Etsy BeadWeavers September challenge - Indian Summer. My entry is called "Indian Summer" - it features a jasper cab surrounded by a peyote bezel of seed beads and Czech fire-polished crystals. I though the colors were perfect for this challenge.

Indian Summer Beaded Pendant

Last weekend, my husband and I had house guests and went to the "Irish Hooley" down on the riverfront here in Dubuque. Dan's cousin Mary and her husband Erik visited from Chicago to see the sights of Dubuque and attend the "Hooley". First, we had a lunch of Borscht which Dan made using veggies from our jungle... er... I mean... garden. The beets were so beautiful - I had to take some photos to share because they looked like jewels!

The Beautiful Beets

Dan Making Borscht

The borscht was SO GOOD!

We had the best time but it was very cold - we were quite chilly by the time the featured act - "Gaelic Storm" - came on at 8:30pm. Here are some photos from the Hooley:

Erik lookin' SEXY in that Hat!

Dan & I at the Hooley - that root beer was just the appetizer for a Guiness!!

On the grounds at the Hooley behind the historic Star Brewery


Enjoying Gaelic Storm

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time! Sorry you're not able to get your internet/Etsy fix. I went on vacation and we had a spotty connection there and it was surprisingly more frustrating than I'd thought it'd be. Who knew I was such a junkie?

    ReplyDelete