Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our latest fishing trip :)

Most of my posts are about beads, beadwork and beading. But there are other things I enjoy and tops on my list (after beading) is fishing! We have small fishing boat and had some time on Sunday to get out on the Mississippi for a few hours. We did catch a few but are getting soft-hearted - with our freezer nearly full, we are less likely to keep the fish we catch these days. Here are few shots from our latest excursion :)

Dan caught a nice channel cat

It must be that vintage Coors hat he got at a garage sale Saturday!

My first fish of the day was a Freshwater Drum - He was way too little to keep :(

On our way back in we saw the "Twilight" riverboat which does overnight excursions from LaClaire to Dubuque.

One of our dreams is to someday live on a houseboat - spend the winters in New Orleans and the summer in Wisconsin or Minnesota. We liked this little houseboat!

Pulling the boat out

Our fancy rig

Dan's tackle box... and mine. I bet he can't hook his onto a beltloop!

1 comment: