Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

Morning Coffee Quotes


"Deliberation. The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is buttered on."
- Ambrose Bierce

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved."
- George MacDonald

"A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way."
- John Maxwell

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
- Xenocrates

"The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't."
- Henry Ward Beecher

"A thick head can do as much damage as a hard heart."
- Unknown

"Worldly wisdom has a way of reducing heaven’s wisdom to an afterthought."
- Boyd Bailey

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Eternity's a terrible thought. I mean, where's it all going to end?"
- Tom Stoppard

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."
- Ed Howdershelt

"Worriers spend a lot of time shoveling smoke."
- Claude McDonald

"If you want to be successful, you must either have a chance or take one."
- Unknown

"It is better to wear out than to rust out."
- Theodore Roosevelt

"The foolish and the dead never change their opinions."
- James Russell Lowell

"Maturity begins when we’re content to feel right about something without feeling the necessity to prove someone else wrong."
- Sydney J. Harris

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I am thankful that I am not a Republican."
- H.L. Mencken

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
- Unknown (although commonly attributed to Mark Twain)

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment