Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finished!

Victorian Romance Upcycled Beaded Necklace



The piece I have been working on is finally finished! Actually, it was finished days ago but it's taken me some time to get my poop in a group and photos taken. I love how this piece turned out!

Victorian Romance Upcycled Beaded Necklace



Featured is a bead embroidered focal which incorporates lots of vintage treasures: a resin cameo, an enamel cabochon, a pretty daisy which used to be an earring, nailhead beads and Czech glass crystals in delicate green (all of which were rescued from vintage jewelry). It's even backed with reclaimed leather. Only the seed beads are new!

Victorian Romance Upcycled Beaded Necklace


Opposite the bead embroidery is a vintage brooch (still with the original pin back) in gold with pearl flowers. These are tied together with 3 tiers of beads and chain (also upcycled from vintage jewelry). The clasp is a vintage pearl and sterling silver box clasp.

Victorian Romance Upcycled Beaded Necklace



The length of the necklace is 24". While this necklace is very well balanced, I opted to leave the pin back on the brooch. If you pin the brooch to your shirt, it keeps the necklace from swinging around and shifting. It also lets you decide at what angle you'd like the focals to rest.

So, I hope you like her! She's for sale on Etsy if you REALLY like her! :)

3 comments:

  1. You know, I really think its cool that your designs keep in step with the current trends, yet you still do your own thing and incorporate vintage in the mix. Its a beautiful piece, but even more so because you brought old forward to new. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol! That was so sweet of you to say :) I hit a creative rut and I have been trying to explore different styles and gathering inspiration from all over. I'm starting to feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete