Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Orange, Green and Brown

I don't usually enjoy getting mail-order catalogs... actually, I hate it.... most of the time. There are a few that I have actually asked to be sent to me and one arrived today. When catalogs like this make their way to my doorstep, the first thing I do is leaf through and tear out every page that intrigues me. I get very little design inspiration as I loathe copy-cats and refuse to be one but there is a wealth of color inspiration to be found! This page in particular has inspired my next fabric project.

 I loved the combination of orange, green and brown with an ever-so-slight touch of violet and so gathered together a little bundle of pretty trims and fabrics to match the scheme. Here are a few photos - I hope they offer some inspiration to you, too!


 
 

2 comments:

  1. I think your creation will be better than anything I saw on that catalog page!

    I keep pics of color schemes I like too. I need color mix inspiration. I'm not that great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I have trouble staying current. I know you always hear people say things like "Follow your muse!" but I find my color (and, many times, fashion) sensibilities are still in the 80's or 90's. I have to force myself to embrace the shades and tones in style today. The handful of truly beautiful fashion and jewelry catalogs I get help a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete