Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, November 1, 2010

Loot 'n Booty (aka. stuff I've gotten in the mail lately!)

I've been a fortunate girl, indeed, lately!! Just about every day a sweet little (or big) package seems to make its way to my doorstep. Here is a run-down of the "loot" and "booty" I've gotten:


My blogging friend Carol of Beads and Birds must know that I am a list-maker because she sent me a sweet Halloween gift of a pretty memo pad and a handmade card! She's a real sweetie! Be sure to check out her blog. She takes part in Robin Atkin's Bead Journal Project and one of her latest post talks about that project. 2011 will be Carol's third year as a participant.

I also received a very nice "thank you" from a CarawayCache customer. It seems that a cherished heirloom of her mother's had been stolen during a home burglary and I happened to have a necklace exactly like it for sale in my shop. I'm happy I was able to help her replace the one she lost. The card was so beautiful and the message so very heartfelt - it truly made my day.

I also got a wonderful package of loot from "Rings and Things". I was picked to receive a box of goodies as part of their "Blog Partner Program". Score!! I love stone stuff - beads, cabs, donuts - you name it and I got these great stone components to try out or give away or whatever. Aren't they beautiful??


The Crazy Lace and Picture Jasper are my favorite!
And, finally...
I have been writing a lot lately about my renewed love affair with fiber and fabrics. I was able to buy a whole lot of scraps and remnants of beautiful silks, brocades and velvets. These are small pieces - most are only a few inches square - but they are perfect for using in my fabric jewelry. They are all SO beautiful and I could never have dreamed I'd find such a variety! Here is just a small sampling. Stay tuned to see some of these lovely textiles in my forth-coming creations.


1 comment:

  1. ooOOOooo , you got a nice lot of look.

    You are well loved Cindy and I'm glad you liked my card.

    The fabrics you scored are beautiful. Great for mini patchwork.

    ReplyDelete