Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 15, 2012

In the works...

Whew! I spent yesterday doing a big hoe-out of my studio (aka. walk-in-closet) and found an oldie but goodie hidden in there! When I first decided to do gallery shows, I found that some of the galleries wanted you to have a "show" - some sort of themed exhibition that all of the exhibited work would fit into. Since I tend to work in a pretty organic manner, the thought of preparing an entire body of work surrounding a theme never entered my mind. So... a couple of years ago I guess I did think about it for just long enough to get a good start on this piece...

My idea was to create several pieces revolving around 3-D geometric shapes and complimentary colors (*notice the orange/blue color thing and the 1/2 sphere shape!*). As you can see, I got a really long way on that one!! :)

Despite the fact that things didn't progress as well in real life as in my mind, I do really like this piece - or what I have of it - so I am going to work on it again and see where it goes. Maybe it will kickstart that series afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment