Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Autumn Tree Twilight

I'm starting a new pin weaving project called (for the meantime) "Autumn Tree Twilight". I started with a brass pin depicting a garden scene that features a tree and built a color scheme around it. Lots of orange, rust, gold and green...


Next, I decided to add some fall "foliage" to the pin by wiring on seed beads in rusty orange, golden brown and pretty green...

Since I need some contrast to the oranges and greens in order for the tree to stand out, I decide to do a "sunset"  backdrop using deep blue and pink to represent the evening sky...

Finally, I draw up a pattern and commence with the weaving....
 

So far, so good! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. The foliage you have added to the tree is perfection. This will be a great design.

    I'm amazed at how much the "old" crafts are coming back. I did pin weaving and macrame in the 70's. Since Thursday is my final day at work, my retirement comes just in time for me to jump back on the bandwagon!!

    Thanks for posting your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on retirement!! May you spend lots of happy hours in creative enjoyment :D

    Yes, I'm having fun with the weaving - and getting interested in other types of weaving/knotting/braiding, as well. It's a vicious cycle...

    Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete