Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On the move... Update :)

Well, I am deep into "The Big Move" (as it has come to be called at our house). Things may seem to be taking a long time but since I posted about the moving process way back on March 19th, my sweet hubby and I took a little 9-day trip out East to visit friends and family. So, seeing as we got back late on April Fool's Day, I think things are coming along pretty well! Needless to say, I am exhausted! I have aches where I had forgotten I even had muscles! OK.... enough whining already...

Being the slightly anal, control-freak Scorpio that I am, I downloaded a nice little app that would allow me to "virtually" move furniture around before any heavy lifting was involved. Let me just say, that particular tactic (in this case, at least) was a big ol' waste of time. This is how it typically went... I would move one of the big pieces of furniture into the room, load it up with stuff, decide I didn't really like it there after all, unload the stuff and move it to another spot. This big work bench thingy you see in the corner...
...has been relocated no less than 4 times! (*what a pain* and, no, I am not planning on using that door again anytime soon) Well, happily it has found it's permanent home - but the wall unit to the left of it? Yep... you guessed it.... moving someplace else...

Needing a break (and a glass of wine!), I though I would share some shots of the space in-progress. Please excuse the mess... I am really excited about this new space and, despite the aches and splinters, having a great time getting it organized.

This corner will be for relaxing and reading. I love this comfy wing chair :)

This wall unit and dresser hold fiber/craft supplies and some vintage treasures destined for my vintage shop on Etsy.

I just bought this table today at my favorite thrift store. A table will allow me to do larger projects, get out the sewing machine every once in a while and maybe (hopefully!) teach some classes. I know it doesn't look like much but that makes it the perfect crafting table! No one will care if paint gets spilled or a nick is left by an Exacto blade. It's the perfect size for the space (4' in diameter) and it was super cheap! Can't beat that...

More pics of the finished space tomorrow (*cross your fingers*)! Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment