Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Project, Sneak peek...

Before I set off to our super wonderful farmer's market (*please let there be kale, please let there be kale, please let there be KALE!!*), I thought I would share some shots of a new piece, or rather, an old piece that I am re-making.

A while back, I posted about wanting to re-do several beaded pieces and make them anew. One is already finished and I am deep into the redesign of another. Needing to take a break from Hemisphere for a bit while I search our more shiny orange beads, I took on this Steampunk Cowgirl monstrosity and put it to pieces.

What was I thinking?? It was big and bulky and hard to wear... but, IMO, still had some merit in the component choices and the colors. So... to pieces it went!

Now I am in the middle of the new project and pleased and surprised with how it's turning out! When I started, I still wanted it to be sort of steampunk-y and cowgirl-ish but somehow it has morphed into something more akin to "cosmic renegade". It looks more space-y and grunge-y than the picture I had in my mind. When it started going in that direction, I just went with it to see where it would take me and I'm certainly enjoying the ride. I hope you like these pics - let me know what you think! :)


1 comment:

  1. I can already tell it's going to be fabulous! I love these posts where you take old designs and push them to new dimensions!

    ReplyDelete