Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hemisphere

In an earlier post I showed a piece that I had started work on a LOOOONG time ago and recently "found" while doing "The Big Move" (more about that one soon!). Inspired to continue with it and finding myself with a few stray moments to work on it, I can offer up these shots of the work in-progess...

Because of the shape of the components and the swirly, spacey design of the bead embroidery, the name of this piece will be "Hemisphere". With the little hemispheres almost finished some fantastical ideas have started brewing about what the finished piece will look like. I will DEFINITELY need lots more Galvanized Orange seed beads (#486) to bring that vision to life! I knew I should've bought more of those....

I would love to hear what you think - leave a comment to let me know! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited about it, too! I actually had a dream about it the other night... I can't believe I put it away and forgot about it for so long!

    I'm so glad you stopped by!

    That necklace in your profile shot is GORGEOUS, by the way...
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I'm excited that you're excited!! That means it will be full of energy - and it already looks that way, so this is going to be incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I will love the finished piece. Deep dark shiny blues are one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and deep shiny oranges are one of mine! I'd say we are "complimentary" :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by, KJ!

    ReplyDelete