Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The First Blossom of Spring


Here is a shot of the first blossom to appear in our yard this year! We don't have many plantings so even though there are others for whom daffodils, hyacinth and crocuses have opened their pretty petals - we await the first fragrant blossoms of the lilacs. Here she is and, oooh, she smells sweet!

Here also is a shot of the first piece of jewelry to be completed in my new studio space. Sort of fitting that it would also be in a lilac shade of purple! It features a handmade clay cabochon, amethyst stone chips and the tastiest pink glass beads (and seed beads, of course!). This little beauty will be up for grabs in my "caraway" shop on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOw, the new piece is beautiful. Love that cab.

    I have several varieties of lilac in my domain. I was pretty surprised to find one is just starting to open buds. I love love love lilacs. Only second to viotets for me!

    ReplyDelete