Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

ORANGE!!

Lately I have come across some blog posts where the author is dissing one of my newest favorite colors - 

Orange!! 

How can you not love orange?? I am starting to feel like I could surround myself with it and be perfectly content. My kitchen is painted a lovely color of orange called "Indian Curry" and it's almost as yummy as the curry we sometimes make (and happily eat) in that room. You know what else I love about orange? It looks fabulous with turquoise (another one of my favorite colors). So I decided to go on a little virtual shopping spree on Etsy to see what orange (along with some turquoise) lovelies I could come up with. Here's what I found:


Visit these shops and surround yourself in sunny orange! :)
(from the top down - left to right)

Orange Chrysanthemum Necklace from BrittanyChavers

Vintage 60's Abstract Print Hippie Maxi Dress from RedAngoraVintage 

Orange Goblin Hood dress from malam

Fresh - Turquoise and Epoxy Disc Earrings from linkeldesigns

 

Little Bird on an Orange Elephant Photo Pendant from pinglebell

Life is a Carnival - vintage orange hoop green glass earrings from adornyou

Vintage mechanical alarm clock from ClockworkUniverse

Vintage 80s Plastic Chunky Bracelets from bontonvintage

 

Tulip Stack from littleputbooks

Vintage Orange Gooseneck Lamp from OctaviaBrown

Retro Mod Plastic Orange and Blue Shell Chairs from backgarage

Chandelier pillow - turquoise on orange from PillowPallooza

 

Two Orange and Turquoise Mugs from LynnCardwellPottery

Madame Jade's Garden - 12x12 matted kaleidoscope print from thepaintedlily

Richter VII - 12 x 12 Fine Art Print of Original Contemporary Abstract Painting from StudioMarlene

My little turquoise bowl from azulado

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I love orange. My stomach won't allow me to EAT oranges. O, I can't actually WEAR orange, but I love to wear versions of it especially salmon and coral. I love orange and turquoise together. Orange is happy. Exciting. Never boring. Whats better than that!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad I'm not alone! I saw several blogs by other bead and jewelry artists talking about how much they dislike working with orange. I guess that just leaves more orange beads out there for the rest of us! :)

    ReplyDelete