Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oriole Nest

Last weekend we had a pretty good wind storm which knocked a few good-sized branches out of our beautiful birch tree in the back yard. We've been waiting for the branches to dry out a bit so we can burn them in our fire pit some nice evening. Today, while Dan was cutting some of those branches up, he noticed an oriole nest in one of them! Luckily, it appears the little ones had flown the coop well before the nest came crashing down. It was so lovely and intricate that I just had to take some photos of it! I would have never believed that a bird could build such an amazing structure! My batteries went dead while I was trying to capture the nest in all it's glory - I hope to take some more photos of it after I charge them up again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment