Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Life on the River

In my first blog post I said that I would be talking about all kinds of things - the garden, fishing, beading, music... I have to say that I have been mostly focusing on beading and beadwork because... well... just because! I have also been involved lately with a community theater show which was in rehearsals for roughly 2 months. The shows went on last weekend and were a hit! (I hope to post some photos from the show soon!) Even though I truly enjoy being on stage and performing, I am also happy the show is finished so I can return to some of the other activities I enjoy. I LOVE TO GO FISHING! But, it seems to take all day when we go and I'm always a bit tuckered (happy, but tuckered) when we get home. It just didn't seem like the sort of thing I should do all day and then try go through a 4 hour theater rehearsal in the evening!

So since the show is finished, we decided to go fishing today to celebrate!

We relish living along the Mississippi River. Our small fishing boat has provided many hours of rest and relaxation out on the water -sometimes just toodling around, but most times, fishing.
Here are a few photos of our excursion today:

Dan's getting the boat ready to go!
Here are some views from the spot we were fishing in:
There were hundreds of turtles of all shapes and sizes sunning themselves along the shore!
We pulled the boat up on a small beach to take a look around...I took some photos of things I thought were cool.Here I am in my best fishing attire! I'm just too sexy for that hat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment