Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A captured fairy for my friend Gail!

My good friend Gail stopped by this morning and I showed her my captured fairy... she thought it was kinda cool! I had actually made another fairy for the original jar but it was just a schmidge too big and she asked for a little fairy box with the extra fairy inside.



It was awfully fun to work on and I was surprised at how quickly it came together - but all of the materials were already on my work table, so that probably helped. Anyway, we found a plastic case that used to hold a deck of cards. I lined the bottom of the box with tiny green glass nuggets and then used some twigs from the yard, moss, silk flowers and a little millinery mushroom for the environment. Then the back and sides were decoupaged with some pattern tissue. Just a few pretty flowers and lace trim as a finishing touch and *voila!* - a pretty little fairy box!

I hope Gail likes her! I hope you do, too... be sure to let me know what you think! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment