Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Captured a Fairy in my studio...

I don't really know what took me so long to find out about captured fairies! I was just browsing around on Pinterest and *poof* there they were! I was instantly smitten and everything else was put on hold so I could capture a fairy of my very own!

Rummaging around on my stash, I found a jar and some trim, some Spanish moss and an old book from 1915 about the great operas. In the book were some wonderful photos of divas of days gone by and I copied a couple in different sizes. I loved the look of this lady - Geraldine Farrar as Juliet from Gounod's Romeo and Juliet. I lightly colored the photo with colored pencils and cut wings from plastic packaging. After dipping the edges of the wings in glue I glittered them with in turquoise and added some glitter detail to her bodice.



From there, I decorated her surroundings with the moss, some millinery mushrooms, silk blossoms and twigs from my yard and closed her up in the jar.

The jar is decorated with more silk blossoms and pretty trim.



I also added a little jar of fairy dust and a few charms just because.



I really enjoyed capturing this first fairy! Next time I'll find a taller jar - this was the first one I found and even had to evict some vintage buttons in order to use it! Anyway, I love her - I hope you do, too!
**P.S. I also love my new high-temp glue gun!!**
:-D


No comments:

Post a Comment