Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Just a little doodling goodness from my studio!

I've been pretty busy lately doing fun stuff in my studio! While trying to do a studio clean-up and hoe-out a couple weeks back, I came across materials and goodies I'd kind of forgotten about. Despite the fact that I hadn't used some of them in a while (actually, some I had NEVER used!!), I found it difficult to part with them. All you crafty souls out there know exactly what I'm talkin' about, don't you!!?

So, I decided to embrace the fact that I simply have way too much stuff in my creative space and get to making things with it!

First off, I organized all of my various markers and such and started doodling and coloring. Buried in my glorious stash I found a mixed media journal that I HAD NEVER MADE A MARK IN during the full year I owned it! Craziness.... As for the doodling: I know everyone calls it "Zentangle" now, but some of us have done this sort of thing our entire lives! It just figures someone would trademark it... *sheesh*

Anyway, it's been fabulous fun! I even bought more markers this week - a 26 pack of Sharpies!! (I'm definitely gonna need a bigger basket!) Here are some shots of what I've been up to in the "doodle department"... Be sure to comment and let me know what you think! :)

Organized markers - Mark-it, Copic and Prismacolor - and handy color swatches!

Color swatches for my markers ready to go shopping, if needed!
Every morning I add a little more to my mixed media journal - this page is almost full!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment