Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Friday, August 23, 2013

Art Trades and More Beads!

This past weekend I was a vendor at a small arts festival in Bellevue, IA called the "Fishtival". Bellevue is a lovely little town nicely situated on the Mississippi River - the weather couldn't have been more perfect, the view more delightful or the crowds more appreciative! I also met some great artists/makers while there... one was Jill, a gal who, among other talents, made really cool fishing lures using her beautiful polymer clay beads. While talking to her about how I wanted to buy a couple of her lures and use the beads in one of my woven pieces, we struck a deal... I mentioned that I enjoy doing art trades and she instantly picked out a cuff she liked...
Grey Poupon Fabric Cuff Bracelet

In exchange I got this wonderful collection of her handmade polymer beads! What fabulous colors - it will be fun to use these in some new projects - I'm especially in love with the red and turquoise ones!



Thank you, Jill! I hope you enjoy your cuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment