Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, June 11, 2012

No apologies... OK, just a little one... and some new beadwork!

I know in the blogosphere there are a plethora of apologies made everyday because people have neglected their blogging practice for a while. I try not to be either of those people - I don't want to neglect my blogging practice nor do I want to feel like I have to apologize for having stuff going on sometimes! So, here goes... I'm sorry I feel like I should apologize for my absence but I have a really good reason... really... I do! Several, actually...

First, I was thinking of changing over to WordPress and spent WAY too many hours designing and investigating only to find out that I like BLOGGER!! Yay! So, after many hours of packing up to move, I had decided to stay right here at "Artful Living on the Bluff".

Second, some of you may know that I am starting to do summer art and fine craft shows. My first, DubuqueFest, was a wonderful success! I thought my booth display was pretty good, the weather cooperated and I made enough sales to be genuinely happy with the profits. I wish I had some great pics to share - I promise to be better about taking a camera and actually using it next time! Here's a couple I snagged from my friend Gail...
DubuqueFest 2012 - Cindy Caraway and Ali Levassuer
My Boothmate, Ali, and I having a great day!
Gail Chavenelle wearing Cosmic Renegade by Cindy Caraway
Here's Gail wearing her latest Cindy Caraway creation - Cosmic Renegade!
My boothmate was Ali who makes sweet bags, purses and other cool stuff like patchwork scarves - she has a limited supply up for sale in her Etsy shop - AliRags - but be sure to mark her as a favorite for when she re-stocks.

Besides being an incredible metal sculptor (visit her Etsy Shop - ChavenelleStudio), Gail Chavenelle is my best cheerleader, a fierce collector of art and the energizer bunny of arts supporters! She is always there to lend a keen eye and great advice - I love you, Gail!

Thirdly, I went on my annual vacation to Disney World with my Mom. We go every year and and have a great but insanely tiring time. This year was no exception! Tropical Storm Beryl left Kissimmee, FL relatively unscathed and we had a wonderful time riding rides, eating Ice Cream and enjoying the parks.

Now I'm home and doing my best to get caught up! One thing I did make sure to do this week was a little bead embroidery. I made up a couple of "bead soup" recipes and went to town! I have another show coming up this weekend and wanted some brand new pieces to sell. Here are some of the beaded pendants I made. They are a great size for wearing - the oval pendants are just 2" long - but are satisfying to create and I can still feel proud to put them out there with my big pieces. I'm starting on some cuff bracelets and maybe some earrings this afternoon! Can't wait... :)

Bead embroidered pendants by Cindy Caraway

Bead embroidered pendants by Cindy Caraway

Bead embroidered pendants by Cindy Caraway

Bead embroidered pendants by Cindy Caraway

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Sounds like you were quite busy and productive.

    Take pictures of your booth, I would love to see it. Keep us updated on how you are doing with your new venues, i.e. more lessons learned than sales made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bead embroidery? You stitched these up in a week? Amazing! My favorite one to sport on a chain would be the light blue oval. So glad your show went well. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete