Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's been a busy summer! In addition to just being... well... busy, things have also been changing for my business. Wanting to cut back on my vintage inventory, I am trying to curb my insatiable need to stop at EVERY garage sale I see and am getting rid of stuff (aka. donating) by the boxful. Going through years of accumulation and deciding what to keep and what to purge is HARD work!

I have also been trying to change the focus of my artwork away from factory-made beads, supplies and findings to using more and more found and upcycled materials such as fiber reclaimed from used clothing and trims and treasures found and/or scavenged second-hand.

So, that being said, here are some shots of my newest creation made entirely from upcycled materials including vintage crochet doilies, fabric remnants, scraps and trims found at tags sales and thrift shops. I haven't named it yet - the naming part is always the hardest - so let me know if you have any suggestions :)

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy
    You really have a knack for creating these wonderful pieces with a vintage feel. Its unique work and I really hope these pieces are flying out your door.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete