Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photos from my gallery opening!

As some of you know, I had a gallery opening on Friday night. Before taking my stuff to the gallery, I worried about how to display it as this particular gallery space didn't have secure cases and the like. I came up with the idea of mounting the jewelry on canvases so they could be hung and I can't tell you how well it looked!! I was so pleased with how all of my work looked in the space. It garnered lots of admirers and I met some very nice people at the opening reception.

Dan & I met our parents at a brew pub for dinner before heading over to the show. Here are some shots from the night:

Dinner at The Blue Cat Brew Pub
The two Dads considering am arm-wrestling match to see who pays the bill...
...but no one wanted to challenge my Mom, so she won!
A shot of the gallery space
Dan hob-nobbing with the guitar player
Mom-in-law Lovell looking over my jewelry
Dad-in-law Dale and my mom, Gayle, looking things over
The proud artist
A close-up of one of the cases
Quote of  the night: "It's OK but it ain't beer!" - Dale Caraway's treatise on wine

3 comments:

  1. Oh you should be proud that looked like a great opening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Congratulations! It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your show opening. Your pieces looked beautiful the way you had them arranged and displayed! It must have given you a good feeling inside for what you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete