Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boudoir Bag #1

Boudoir Bag in progress!

My friend Kristine came over the other day to work on some crafty stuff and we talked about what to do with my newest piece. After much debating, she came up with the idea of turning it into a bag! That is exactly what I did. So here we have "Boudoir Bag #1" still under construction but getting closer all the time! I made a simple lined body for the purse which opens at the top. The fringy fabric sculpture is attached to the front and it closes with a simple tie wrapped around one of the vintage buttons on the front. It still needs a shoulder strap.

Here are some shots of it - Enjoy! :)

This is a scrap of leather from my husband's old wallet!

2 comments:

  1. silly me, that is what I thought it WAS on the first post!! So see, it was meant to be a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I truly was the last to figure it out! This project was meant to be a bag even though it started out (in my mind, at least) as a necklace. What's that saying... "Can't see the forest for the trees..."? :)

    ReplyDelete