Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Morning Coffee Quotes

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."
- Arthur Miller

"If you are afraid of being lonely, don't try to be right."
- Jules Renard

"You can't pray a lie."
- Mark Twain

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right."
- Thomas Paine

"If you wait until the wind and the weather are just right, you will never plant anything and never harvest anything."
- Ecclesiastes 11:4

"Money demands that you sell, not your weakness to men's stupidity, but your talent to their reason."
- Ayn Rand

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself."
- Michel de Montaigne

"It's hard for me to get used to these changing times.
I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty."
- George Burns

"The world is weary of statesmen whom democracy has degraded into politicians."
- Benjamin Disraeli

"Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure."
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Byron)

"On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' And Vanity comes along and asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But Conscience asks the question 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I am always at a loss at how much to believe of my own stories."
- Washington Irving

"He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything.
That points clearly to a political career."
- George Bernard Shaw

"Won't you come into my garden? I would like my roses to see you."
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan

"The mind cannot support moral chaos for long. Men are under as strong a compulsion to invent an ethical setting for their behavior as spiders are to weave themselves webs."
- John Dos Passos

"Never try to reason the prejudice out of a man. It was not reasoned into him, and cannot be reasoned out."
- Sydney Smith

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."
- Dave Barry

"In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men the great difficulty lies in this: You must first enable the government to control the governed, and in the next place, oblige it to control itself."
- Alexander Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment