Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who hasn't been talking about the weather...??

It seems everyone is talking about the weather! No wonder, since the massive storm that swept over the country was 2000 miles wide!! Here in Dubuque, IA we got roughly 15" of snow and very high winds. We did not suffer power outages (that I know of) or collapsed buildings but did have some mighty drifts to dig through. My husband picked a great week to go off to Southern California to rehearse with the guitar quartet he records with!  Luckily, a good friend was staying so there was some help with digging out.

Before digging, this drift was 4 feet deep!
Although I don't like driving in the stuff and don't relish digging through it either, I love to watch snow fall (or blow, as in this case) and think snow drifts are lovely to look at (provided you don't have to get through them for any reason). The small drift clinging to the edge of the garage roof was quite stunning and I couldn't help but get some shots of it. If I hadn't had to dig the car out, I never would have seen this (or gotten some mighty exercise out in the beautiful sunshine) - it was worth it!


1 comment:

  1. We had another 4 inches! I'm SOOO tired of shoveling - it's a dang good thing my hubby's back from California (Not just so he can shovel - I missed him somethin' awful, too)!

    ReplyDelete