Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 17, 2010

LA CRUZ - Newest Fabric Cuff


Here is the latest fabric cuff, La Cruz, finished just minutes ago! Since this is one of the projects on my roster for My Private Art Retreat, this cuff was great fun to make and I'm really proud about how it turned out. I wanted this piece to have a southwestern feel to it and chose turquoise along with shades of brown and silver for the color palette. The centerpiece is a vintage pendant - not real turquoise but still pretty cool. Vintage ribbons - velvet, brocade and silk - were paired with a vintage doily and some pretty crocheted (by me!!) lace along the edge. Hanging from the mandala pendant is a small silver cross for which the piece is named - La Cruz.

Nicely finished with soft felt layered between vintage fabric, this cuff closes with a ribbon and button. It is fully adjustable (one size fits all) - to clasp the bracelet simply wrap the ribbon tie around the vintage button. It will stay comfortably and securely.


The full length of the the cuff is 7 3/4" and it is 2 1/2" wide including the crocheted lace trim. You can find La Cruz for sale on Etsy.

4 comments:

  1. o, gorgeous!! I like everything about it AND the creative button closure! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that turned out beautifully. I love the addition of the vintage doily - I love crochet! Looks great!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really beautiful!
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great comments!
    Makes me a happy, smiley girl :)

    ReplyDelete