Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Monday, October 11, 2010

GRAY POUPON - New Fabric Cuff

 
Well, here are some shots of a new fabric cuff I finished last night! I love the mustard yellow/gold color next to steel gray. Anyway, I decided to name it GRAY POUPON (you know, after the mustard, sort of...). My mind works in mysterious ways - I think it's kind of funny :)

Do you think the Grey Poupon "people" will be unhappy with that?

For this cuff I used a very pretty vintage steel gray fabric from my stash for the base, backing and rose focal. Add to that some shimmery gold ribbon gathered into a ruffle, vintage seam binding lace, decorative braiding, vintage pressed glass buttons, a reclaimed floral cabochon captured inside a seed bead bezel, chenille yarn and a vintage brass locket. A length of brass chain and some seed beads added here and there were the finishing touches. This bracelet will fit perfectly on a 6" to 6 1/2" wrist but can be made larger or smaller as needed. With the ruffle edging the cuff is 4" wide.

You can find it for sale in my beadwork and jewelry shop on Etsy.






2 comments:

  1. Cindy I have to say that I am not one for cuffs but that is so pretty! I love the color combo and sweet touches you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I LOVE cuffs. This one was OK, until I saw the pic of it on your wrist. Then it was ZAZZLE!!
    Its a great cuff Cindy.

    ReplyDelete