Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thrift Shop Booty! Lots of jewelry and beads, beads, beads!!!

An itty-bitty booty sample :)
Anyone who shops at thrift stores does so because they're hoping to find some cool booty at a sweet price. Some days are just too lucky! Some kick-ass treasure is starin' you in the face and you just can't (and shouldn't) say "no". Whatever that treasure may be, I can almost guarantee it will not be there tomorrow. Sometimes you just gotta say "What the heck..." and mean it! Right?

Well, I had one of those proverbial what-the-heck lucky days! Now, typically, I don't spend more than a few dollars at a time 'cause I am the world's biggest cheap-skate but I found oodles of FANTABULOUS booty that I just couldn't leave the store without. You will have to forgive me but I simply have to share the news with all of you!

First off: Two gallon bags chock full o' tangled jewelry goodness that, you guessed it, went home with me!
Here's one of the lot bags before I dug into it!
Here are some shots of the "keeper" jewelry, chain, beads and bits I found...
Some to sell...
...and some to salvage.
A little more to sell...
Lots of chain!
Two big, beautiful beads! I love that amber one!
The gold and sterling I found all tangled up...
...and this Thai silver ring (which I am keeping for myself!)
As if this weren't enough, they also had bins full of loose beads, jewelry findings and pendants - ooooh, what fun they were to dig through! Somebody made jewelry, then decided to NOT make jewelry anymore and donated everything!

Here's a peek at the beautiful haul... Jealous? I know I would be if these pics were on your blog! It's time to get makin'!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment