Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Panthera Regale

I have really been spending some quality time with my lovely (and growing!) stash of vintage and "junk" jewelry. Here is a new piece I just finished this morning called "Panthera Regale".

The centerpiece and inspiration for this necklace was the leopard pendant in an antiqued brass finish. I instantly thought of the Indian Subcontinent - leopards, elephants, palaces and the maharaja - and wanted to make something fit for royalty but not necessarily opulent. With that in mind I chose the sweet elephant charm and a color palette of antiqued brass, gold, red and cerulean blue with some touches of amber tossed in.

I was super happy to find the swirled brass piece in my stash! It has been in my collection for a few years and is a mystery piece - I have no idea what it was in an earlier life but it was the perfect addition to "Panthera Regale".

Anyway, I hope you like it! I will have it available in my Etsy shop later today. Here are a few more shots for you to look at. I hope you will leave a comment  to let me know what you think or to just say "Hi" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment