Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 7, 2013

On to prettier things!

*Phew!* Taxes are finished! Yay! I can start thinking about other things... prettier things....

I have been getting better about taking photos of new projects I'm working on. As much as I try to stick with ONE project, though, I always seem to have 3 or 4 going at the same time - all in various states of "unfinished". They are, as follows:

1. Unicorn jewelry project - Not done... not even close.

2. New Asian-themed shadow box idea - Getting there...

3. Really cool (IMO!) assemblage built around a vintage tintype - Just need the right substrate...

So, there you have it! Three that are in-progress, but... one creation that actually did reach completion is "Dreamers of Dreams"...

It is a sweet and simple found box with a Wade porcelain unicorn and millinery rose trees. The background has a layer of vintage book illustrations collaged with tissue paper and a printed quote from Arthur O'Shaughnessy (as said by Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory): "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."

My version of it leaves out the "and" in the middle (Geez, I hope that's OK!). It's a shelf sitter - perfect for that little one who loves horses/unicorns. You can find it in my Etsy shop with other handcrafted treasures!

So, back to work... thanks for stopping by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment