Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Back and Having a SALE!!


Hey, everybody!! I'm finally back from vacation! While hopes were high that I could post from Florida, it turned out that our hotel did NOT have internet access so...

We had a great time visiting Disney World but it was HOT this year. We were happy to come back north again and made a stop in the Great Smoky Mountains on the way. So beautiful!! I took lots of pictures and videos along the way and will be posting them soon. Among the T-shirts and other tourist-y fare in Gatlinburg, I did find some fabulous artwork and can't wait to share it with you! I'm sure you will love it, too, so check back for that post!

Well, it's hard to get back to work after not having to worry about it while I was gone. Even though I was a little frustrated at not having internet access, it was nice to have a complete break from it - That's what vacation is supposed to be, right?? I really am thankful for all of the electronic gadgets and such, and never cease to be amazed at how this technology changes lives everyday (which can be good AND bad!!) but I am old enough to remember the days before even answering machines!! If someone wanted to talk to you on the phone, you had to be home. If you weren't then that was that. People used to write letters - you know, put pen to paper and actually WRITE a letter - and proper grammar and spelling was valued! Anyway, that was just a little OT (aka. off-topic) rant (so much for proper grammar and spelling - HA!!)

Having so much time to think about work without actually doing any made me decide it was time for a sale! A decision was made to close one of my Etsy shops! My "caraway" shop will be closing on July 1st and until then, starting today, this very minute in fact, I will be having a "Summer Solstice Sale" and offering 20% off everything. Not to worry, after the shop closes on July 1st, I will be moving everything to my other Etsy shop - "CindyCaraway". Two jewelry shops is just a bit silly so I will be consolidating and also closing my shop on "1000 Markets". Simplify, simplify, simplify! More time for fishing.... :)

So, I hope you will decide to stop by for some nice bargains on some handcrafted jewelry!

3 comments:

  1. Cindy you are so funny! You felt the need to explain the acronym OT but used anotherm aka to do it!! We just can't get away from text shortcuts!

    I think lots of people want to simplify their lives now. Destress!!

    Good luck on the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party lines!!! Hahahaha! How could I forget about those?? We lived out in the country when I was a kid and had some nosy neighbors who always listened in on ours, too.

    And, Carol, good point about the text shortcuts! U made me lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your back and vaca (ha) was good! You were missed as always.
    Hey you know where I lived we only had to use the last 4 digits. Now that was a small town!

    ReplyDelete