Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shopping Resale and Celtic Harps

One week ago today my mom and I were resale store shopping. Next to our yearly trek to Florida to visit Mickey Mouse and friends, it's my absolute favorite kind of trip and we go pretty regularly. I took my camera along thinking I would take photos of all the cool stuff we got and promptly forgot to take pictures after our first stop. So, here are some shots I took at the Bethesda Thrift Store in Baraboo, WI. It was the first time I had ever been there as it's pretty new. I didn't buy much but it seems like a promising place to add to the regular route.
 
There was an entire wall of goodie bags! Typically, I am a sucker for bags of misc stuff but resisted the urge. There were all kinds of little treasures in these and most of the bags were $1 or less.

I totally loved this mid-century chair but we don't have room for it in our house.
 
No room for this fantastic dresser, either! Dang it!

 
As always, there are just some items you can find racks and racks full of - like rollerblades and glassware.

Sometimes there's a gem to be unearthed.

 
Or two...

 
I love the graphic art on the covers of these Reader's Digest condensed books! During the 60's and 70's the covers were pretty cool. They wanted $1.49 for these but I passed them up because they will sometimes make an appearance on the "FREE" table at my local thrift store. 

I did make some really fabulous buys - like a celtic folk harp! Yes, I bought a HARP!! At a resale store!! Talk about your impulse buys! Usually it's a York Peppermint Patty or Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! Trying to learn how to play it but don't count on any video performances anytime soon - :)  Here's a picture of it from the manufacturer's website (http://www.mid-east.com) - isn't she pretty??


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful harp Cindy. I have always wanted one. I saw one from the 1700s at the Scott's Antique Show in Atlanta last month. I think they wanted a years pay down and a first born child for it. I may end up having to make one if I am ever going to own one.

    ReplyDelete